Monday 30 March 2015

Hummels: I might leave BVB


The defender has suggested that 2014-15 could be his final season as a BVB player and admits the allure of a move abroad is strong

Mats Hummels has confessed he is considering leaving Borussia Dortmund this summer and heavily hinted it will be for a club outside of the Bundesliga.
The centre-back, 26, has been considered one of the top defenders in world football for years but has so far resisted overtures from an array of clubs to stay at Signal Iduna Park.
However, with Dortmund looking likely to finish well short of the top four this season and interest from clubs such as Manchester United reported to be strong, Hummels suggested this summer could see him depart his native Germany.
However, with Dortmund looking likely to finish well short of the top four this season and interest from clubs such as Manchester United reported to be strong, Hummels suggested this summer could see him depart his native Germany.
"I have had many conversations with the leaders of Dortmund, where I know I am a big part of the team," he told Kicker. "But I am yet to make a decision about my future.
"I'm being open about this because I'm not a fan of those who claim they are staying but, behind the scenes, have actually secretly agreed a transfer away from their current club.
"I will do what is best for my career and what I would like to do. Everyone knows how much I love it at Dortmund, but I also want to make sure I'm part of a strong team with powerful players.
"Whether we are in the Champions League, the Europa League or have no European football at all, it will play no part in my decision-making.
"Some days I think I would definitely like to move abroad. But then other days I think I don't fancy it at all. Basically... I think moving abroad will be good for my professional and personal well-being. Eventually, I'd like to leave the Bundesliga.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search