Tuesday 7 April 2015

Herrera : I am happy at Manchester united



Manchester United midfielder Ander Herrera has admitted he is very lucky to be at Old Trafford and says he never once questioned his future during a spell on the bench earlier this season.

The 25-year-old has emerged as one of United's standout performers in the second half of the season and has started the last eight games for Louis van Gaal's side, scoring four goals in the process.

After initially struggling to force his way into the first-team picture at the club, Herrera insists he was always settled in England and that he feels fortunate to be playing for the Red Devils.

The ex-Athletic Bilbao star told United Review: "I'm very happy. Even when I was not playing, I was also happy. I am at Manchester United. I feel really lucky to be here.

"The manager has to decide who is playing or not but we have to respect always the decision he makes. The manager wants the best for the team, the best for us and we have to follow him always.

"When I signed for Manchester United, I was thinking of players like Michael Carrick, Wayne Rooney, Antonio Valencia, Rafael da Silva and, although he is not here now, Darren Fletcher. These are people who have been playing for a long time for United.

"It's my dream to be here for a long time because I am in the right team, in the right league and in the right country. I feel very happy and I want to stay at the club for many years to come.

"I feel I quickly adapted to this league and this country because I am so comfortable here. I think [we at] Manchester United are always helping each other to adapt and to feel like we're at home. I feel really good at United and I hope to stay here for a long time."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search